Salary: This is a voluntary position but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
Hours: Trustees are expected to attend six Board meetings per year including the Annual General Meeting. In addition, there will be performances, fundraising and cultural events that you will be invited to attend.
Deadline: 12 noon, Fri 3 June
We're looking for exceptional individuals to join our Board of Trustees. Our Board has overall responsibility for compliance with regulations, good practice and the long-term sustainability and success of the Lawrence Batley Theatre. We welcome anyone with a passion for arts, culture and the theatre to come on board and help us change the future.
We are particularly interested in hearing from you if you have experience in the following areas, Community Engagement and Participation, Finance and Business Operations and local knowledge of Kirklees and West Yorkshire.
We are looking for:
- A passion for the Lawrence Batley Theatre and our vision and mission.
- A commitment to arts and culture as a force for change.
- An understanding of the barriers some people within our communities’ face and a commitment to effect change.
- Strategic vision.
- An ability to think creatively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impartiality, fairness and confidentiality.
- A good understanding of effective governance and management.
For more information about the role please download the recruitment pack below.
Previous experience as a Trustee is not a requirement. There will be a full induction and training available throughout your trusteeship.
If you are interested in the position of Trustee please send no more than one side of A4 to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience, why you are interested in the position and what you could bring to the organisation along with the equal opportunities form below by 12 noon on Fri 3 June.
If you have any questions about the role of Trustee or the process, please email email@example.com directly.