Join Kirklees Year of Music (KYOM23) to celebrate all the local talent that Kirklees has to offer!
KYOM23 is working with Music Cities Events to give Kirklees artists a career-changing opportunity to perform in a public showcase, part of a two-day programme of live music and industry panel seminars taking place at Lawrence Batley Theatre.
From folk and psychedelic rock to R&B, the talented artists selected showcase the very best of talent in Kirklees. They are:
- Four-piece indie pop rock band, Boxteles.
- Don Gonzo, psychedelic rockers who blend elements of post-punk and jazz.
- Here's The Steeple, who combines intricate textures and thoughtful lyrics with a wide range of folk influences.
- Klonk, an 8-piece klezmer/funk collective.
- Garage blues trio Knuckle.
- Lo-fi R&B artist Isaac Malibu.
- Singer-songwriter Lauren Mikki.
- Singer-songwriter Lucas Bernard.
Each artist was selected from an open call and will perform a short set in front of a live audience of fans and music industry representatives.
The live sessions will be recorded and streamed to a network of international buyers made up of a mix of festival organisers, tour and concert organisers, record label managers and artist managers, to support our local artists with their career development.
Tickets to the showcase are free but must be booked in advance here.
Set 1 – 5.30pm – 7.30pm:
Here’s the Steeple
Set 2 – 7.30pm – 9.30pm:
Thu 27 April 2023
Industry panel seminars
Platform is also offering two music industry panel seminars on Wed 26 April. The seminars will cover music publishing and artist management and development, with panellists including Dan Jones from PRS for Music, Joel Dipple from Sentric Music, an independent music publisher based in Liverpool and Scott Lewis from Clue Records who are currently partnering up with EMI Leeds. Book your free tickets here.