Walk This Play
Sat 17 Jul 21 - Sun 15 Aug 21Book Tickets
..relive extraordinary events
…discover something new
Walk This Play is a new series of location-based audio plays by ThickSkin, designed for listeners as they walk. The plays are immersive and immediate, transporting you inside the story. Each is unique to its location and invites you to experience a familiar route from anew perspective. Through narration and original music blended with the sights and sounds around you, Walk This Play takes you on a journey of imagination and discovery.
We have partnered with ThickSkin to create a Walk This Play audio play for Huddersfield. The Huddersfield audio play has been written by Misha Duncan-Barry, directed by Neil Bettles with composition & sound design from Lee Affen. More information about the Huddersfield play coming soon.
How will it work?
Click the link below to register your interest for the Huddersfield Walk This Play. You will then receive an email from us on Sat 17 July which will give you a step by step guide as to how to access the audio play and what to prepare. Please check your junk / spam for any emails. The audio play can be experienced any time between Sat 17 July – Sun 15 August and can be listened too as many times as you like!
Walk This Play has been made possible through partnerships, bringing local artists and communities together to create original stories. To enjoy the experience, simply download the ECHOES app, plug in your headphones and press play.
- The play is suitable for ages 12+
- You will need headphones and a smartphone with access to wifi in order to download the free Echoes App in the App Store or Google Play.
The App is optimised for the following operating systems: Android -version 6 [Marshmallows; API version 23] to version 11.0 [API version 30] i0S version 11 to version 14.4.
- From in the App, you can access the audio experience and route maps. We recommend downloading the play to your device. That way you won’t need to use wifi during the walking experience.
- For the best experience, wear headphones and follow the instructions given by the narrator. As you follow the guided route you will trigger new chapters in the story when you reach key locations.
- All routes are circular and will start and end at a set location, highlighted on the route map. The routes are accessible and can be enjoyed at your own pace.
- As this is an audio experience, D/deaf audiences can choose to use the in-app captions.
- Visually impaired audiences may need a walking companion for safety with crossing roads.
- The walks are outdoors, so make sure you wear comfy shoes and clothed for the weather.
- We have a limited number of devices available to support access for those who don’t have a smartphone of their own
- - Audio Described Performance
- - British Sign Language Interpreted Performance
- - Captioned Performance
- - Relaxed Performance